Each of the students participated in the Association’s annual scholarship challenge, which asks applicants to submit information about their community service and their academics along with an essay discussing their personal positions on body cameras on police officers. A panel of judges including Keating Wagner Polidori Free attorneys Larry Free and Christina Habas reviewed all of the applications before selecting the winners. Read more
Colorado Worker’s Compensation Employee Union and Association Handbook
by Keating Wagner Polidori Free, P.C.
Table of Contents
- Why should I read this handbook?
- Why do I need a lawyer?
- How will my attorney be paid?
- What is Workers’ Compensation?
- Injured workers’ 9 most common mistakes
- When and how do I report my accident?
- Who pays my medical expenses?
- What if my claim for Workers’ Compensation benefits is admitted?
- What if my claim for Workers’ Compensation benefits is denied?
- Isn’t it obvious that I was hurt doing my job?
- Can I sue the negligent person who caused my on the job injury and still collect Workers’ Compensation?
- What’s included in Temporary Disability?
- When do my Temporary Disability payments end?
- Can my Workers’ Compensation benefits be reduced?
- What should I do about Social Security, Pension or Disability benefits?
- What are my obligations to my employer?
- Should I submit to a Functional Capacities Evaluation (FCE) before I am released by a doctor?
- What is a Permanent Impairment rating? What happens at the end of my case?
- What’s the difference between Permanent Impairment and Permanent Total Disability?
- What is disfigurement?
- What happens if I can never return to any type of work? – Permanent Total Disability
- Will my future medical care be paid by the insurance company when I reach Maximum Medical Improvement? – Medical Maintenance
- When do I receive the Final Admission of Liability?
- Can I appeal the Permanent Disability rating given to me by the Workers’ Compensation doctor?
- If there is a dispute, can I go to court during my Workers’ Compensation case?
- How does a case settle?
- Can I re-open my claim after my case is closed?
To receive a free copy of our “Colorado Worker’s Compensation Employee Union and Association Handbook” please contact us.