Each of the students participated in the Association’s annual scholarship challenge, which asks applicants to submit information about their community service and their academics along with an essay discussing their personal positions on body cameras on police officers. A panel of judges including Keating Wagner Polidori Free attorneys Larry Free and Christina Habas reviewed all of the applications before selecting the winners. Read more
Bradley R. Unkeless
Phone/Direct Dial: (303) 534-0401
Brad Unkeless has become a passionate advocate for clients who have been injured on the job over the course of his career as a trial attorney. His passion is tied in part to his own work early experience as a caddy, a surveyor, and a construction worker. Brad began his legal career in California as an in-house trial attorney for an insurance company, where he served as a senior trial attorney for more than two decades.
In 2005, Brad retired from his job in-house and joined Keating Wagner, where he began representing individuals who have been hurt or injured on the job. His experience includes teaching workers’ compensation law at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
Brad’s experience includes work with a number of the area’s police and fire associations, as well as with other industry unions including stage hands, carpenters, and electricians.
Brad maintains his bar membership in both California and Colorado.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Local 1886 International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers
- Local 9 International Union of Operating Engineers
- Denver Police Protective Association
- Local 858 Denver Fire Fighters
- Aurora Police Association
- Cherry Hills Colorado Police Association
- Local 7 United Food and Commercial Workers Union
- Local 435 Teamsters
- Colorado Teamsters Local 17
- Boulder Police Officers Association
- Local & International Association of Stage Hands
- Denver Sheriffs Fraternal Order of Police
- Colorado Carpenters Local 1068
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 111
- Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers & Grain Millers, International
- Association of Colorado State Patrol Professionals
- Denver Theatrical Stage, Film and Exhibition Employees’ Union
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- California Bar Association, 1973 – Present
- Colorado Bar Association, 1982 – Present
- Arapahoe Bar Association, 1998 – Present
- Denver Bar Association, 1982 – 1998
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California, 1973, J.D.
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 1969, B.S.
- California, 1973
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1973
- U.S. Tax Court, 1981
- Colorado, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1982