Each of the students participated in the Association’s annual scholarship challenge, which asks applicants to submit information about their community service and their academics along with an essay discussing their personal positions on body cameras on police officers. A panel of judges including Keating Wagner Polidori Free attorneys Larry Free and Christina Habas reviewed all of the applications before selecting the winners. Read more
Phone/Direct Dial: (303) 534-0401
Deirdre Ostrowski is a tireless champion for her clients — whether it’s in the courtroom or in a settlement conference, Deirdre is singularly focused on the best outcome for each and every case she takes on. She has been with the firm since 2005.
While working with the firm during law school, Deirdre developed a love of the courtroom and the ability to help clients navigate the judicial process and get the justice they need.
Deirdre’s hard work has paid off as she is now recognized as a top trial attorney in her field, not only by her peers but also by industry leading publications. Deirdre was named as one of Law Week Colorado’s Top Women Lawyers in 2014, and she was among the list of attorneys who won the top jury verdicts in the state in 2013. Deirdre was also selected, along with Mike Keating, as a Barrister’s Best Litigator by Law Week Colorado in 2014. In addition, Deirdre’s reputation has earned her a spot among the most successful lawyers in the state as a Rising Star on the 2013-2015 Super Lawyers lists.
Deirdre’s experience includes nursing homes cases, traumatic brain injuries, product cases, pharmacy errors, trucking cases and other personal injury claims.
Deirdre has a special touch when it comes to catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases, because she loves to see the judicial system help her clients in the healing process. But her expertise extends to a range of practice areas, and she’s a passionate advocate regardless of what the case involves.
In addition to handling her caseload, Deirdre also serves as the managing partner of the firm and as a member of the board of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association. She is also a member of the Colorado Supreme Court Jury Instruction Committee.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Catastrophic Personal Injury; Motor Vehicle Accidents; Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death; Medical Negligence; Products Liability
CAREER DISTINCTIONS AND HONORS
- Colorado Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” 2013-2016
- Best Lawyers, 2016
- Named one of 2014’s Top Women Lawyers by Law Week Colorado
- Best Overall Litigator, Barrister’s Best, Law Week Colorado
NOTABLE CASE DECISIONS
- Sunahara v. State Farm Mut. Auto Ins. Co., 280 P.3d 649 (Colo. 2012)
- Chavez v. Kelly Tucking, Inc., 275 P.3d 737 (Colo. Ct. App. 2011)
- Trial Advocacy College: Depositions, American Association of Justice, Instructor, June 2013, June 2014, September 2014
- “Storytelling – Fact Investigation,” National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Sept. 2012
- “Using Settlement Video Packages,” Ohio Association for Justice Education Foundation & Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, March 2013
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Colorado Supreme Court, Civil Pattern Jury Instruction Committee, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member since 2007
- American Bar Association, Member since 2008
- Denver Bar Association, Member since 2007
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Member since 2007, Board Member since 2014
- American Association for Justice, Member since 2007
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for abused and neglected children, 2009-2012
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Public Interest Practicum Supervisor
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado, 2007 J.D.
- University of Denver, 2002 B.A. magna cum laude
- Colorado, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 2012